Scam Alert – Press Release
It has been brought to our attention that there are scam artists using second hand SnoMaster goods to take advantage of innocent buyers on a range of 2nd hand and camping Facebook groups.
Whilst SnoMaster cannot control the resale market of our products, we do not condone any resale of products in a fraudulent manner.
How to avoid being scammed.
We appeal to all who use Facebook groups, and other online classifieds, to be vigilant and take note of the important buying and selling safety guidelines:
- Always pay in cash and ask for a receipt. Walk away if the seller requests a deposit.
- Never give out financial details to a stranger. They’re for your eyes only.
- If it’s too good to be true. It probably is a scam.
- Try to meet in a safe, public place and bring a friend.
- Always call the seller. You’re a great judge of character! Also, you have just verified his or her phone number.
- Agree on a plan. If it changes at the last minute, cancel.
- If you are intimidated or made to feel guilty, leave immediately. It probably is a scam.
- Check the item before paying. If the item is electronic, plug it in or get it charged to see if it works the way you hoped!